The slowfashion is the anthisesis of fastfashion.
This term guinde notoriety after the tragedy that happened in 2013 in a factory in Bangladesh, where more than a thousand people died when the building where they worked, producing millions and millions of garments in terrible conditions and not complying basic safety measures, collapsed.
Slowfashion is a philosophy of responsible and environmentally conscious clothing consumption.
- Avoid consuming fashion that is manufactured in supraindustrial quantities.
- Choose artisanal products, support small businesses, fair trade and local production.
- Promote up-cycling of garments and opt for second-hand stores.
- Choose sustainable garments and ethically produced products.
- Stop following trends and look for long-lasting garments.
- Repair and personalize the clothes you already own and give them a new life.
- Instead of buying compulsively, choose special and higher quality items.
Every day more and more people become aware of the impact of clothing on the planet, resource exhaustion and the effects of the textile industry in our society.
WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT A TREND!
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A MOVEMENT THAT PROMOTES QUALITY AND DURABLE PRODUCTS.
Increasingly more people are buying fair trade garments, with a higher quality and exclusivity, concer- ned about the origin of the clothes they buy, the manufactured, the materials … And leaving behind the garments made in production lines at low prices and with harmful materials for the environment.
Click here and learn more about LeLemonade.
Tell me, Did you know the slowfashion term?